Project management for innovation forms the basis of choosing the most optimal tasks that have the highest strategic and commercial fit for the client. It helps kill tasks of non-relevance, ensuring that valuable time, money and resources are not spent in undertaking tasks that are not directly relevant to the client’s corporate strategy.
One of the major difficulties that clients face is choosing the right projects as quantitative justifications to strategic and commercial fit are not always available or understood. In environments of high emergence, it thus becomes necessary to adopt a robust project management methodology and framework that enables the retention of ideas, selects the right projects and their associated tasks, allocates priorities of projects selected based on strategic and commercial fit and manages changes seamlessly to the project pipeline while building up the innovation project portfolio.
1. Complete end-to-end innovation portfolio management capability (including but not limited to: scoping, planning, resourcing, costing, implementing, improving et al);
2. Deployment of industry standard project management methodologies (including but not limited to Agile, PMI, ISO/IEC/IEEE et al);
3. Quantitative analysis of strategic and commercial fits to projects residing in the innovation portfolio (e.g. stage-gate methodologies and software tools)
1. Adoption of industry standard project management methodologies ensures lesser risk of undertaking engineering design and development while providing predictive control of the project operation process;
2. The team is skilled in developing management systems in quality, information security, OH&S, environment management, risk management and service delivery and rigorously adheres to process standards while undertaking innovation portfolio management;
3. The team has expertise in developing management systems and have successfully helped clients certify for ISO 9001, 27001, 14001, 31000, 2000 and AS/NZS 4801. Being involved in the certification processes have imparted critical knowledge and understanding to the team for managing innovation portfolios in accordance with the highest levels of quality and industry standards;
4. The team has over 10 years of innovation portfolio management experience in the domains of electronics, computer software, intelligent systems, telecommunications and networking with Fortune 500 companies, universities and research institutes in Australia, USA, Singapore and Republic of Korea;
5. The team has contributed to global engineering standards (e.g. IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force), ITU-T (International Telecommunications Union) and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)) and is a frequent contributor and participant to international engineering standardisation activities;
6. The team has published over 15 peer-reviewed papers in different international conferences, journals and book chapters (h-index of approximately 2) in the domains of innovation portfolio management and engineering design methodologies;
7. The team has in its ranks a Senior Member of the IEEE (since 2009), who has demonstrated more than 10 years of proven industry-standard excellence in the domains of innovation portfolio management and engineering design methodologies.